Home, School and Community
The support of parents is fundamental to ensure their child’s academic and social achievement at the school is the best that it can possibly be.
The relationship between the home, the school and the child is embodied within the Home-School Agreement, which represents what can be regarded as the best endeavours of the home and school to achieve the very best for the pupils here at Harrold Priory. The Home-School Agreement is reviewed each year to reflect policy changes and improvements.
We are committed to ensuring that Harrold Priory is at the heart of the community. The relationship between the Home and School is a critical one. We must work together to ensure that the pupils really do achieve their full potential.
The Home School Agreement formally acknowledges this partnership. We are equal partners in fostering the growth and development of the children in our care.
All pupils are introduced to the central role of their responsibility to ensure that Harrold Priory is a happy and secure school.
The following statement is central to the Home-School Agreement:
All pupils have the right:
- to learn
- to a well - equipped and safe environment
- to equal access to the school, its curriculum and activities
- to dignity and respect regardless of individual needs, race or religion
- to express an opinion freely and confidently
- to feel accepted and welcomed
- to feel secure and safe at all times in school
Therefore, all pupils have a responsibility:
- to listen and behave in class
- to take care of equipment
- to treat others with respect
- to respect the opinions of other
- to respect others’ choice of friends
- to ensure that no one is bullied
- to move from room to room in a safe and sensible way
- to respect the colour of skin and culture of other pupils and adults
Individual Education Needs and Disabilities
It is important to let us know if you or your child has a special need or is gifted and able in a particular curriculum area. We want to welcome disabled children to the school and provide them with opportunities for full participation in relationships and every day activities. If you or your child has a special need that we need to anticipate such as hearing or visual impairment or mobility requirements, please let the school know straight away.
Harrold Priory School believes education and inclusive learning should provide children with disability challenges with the opportunities to help them achieve their full potential and social inclusion.